Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Artist/Producer/Entrepreneur Ryan Leslie

There are a lot of great producers out there that influence me such as Timbaland, Neptunes specifically Pharrell (which I will actually write a separate about), DJ Premier, Scratch, etc. However, from an intellectual standpoint, no one gets it like Ryan Leslie. I honestly feel he is very underrated. The fact that he graduated with bachelors in Government, Political Science, and Macroeconomics yet still chose a career in music is inspiring to me.

Whenever I watch a video produced by him, it's always an incredible experience because he brings it to life. He records himself making the track from the ground up, and you see the nooks and crannies of how he does his mixing, mastering, production, vocals, etc. He is pretty much a genius yet keeps everything in layman's terms. I can definitely respect his hustle. He was one of the first artists to really adopt this whole social media and viral video sort of marketing. I mean, just check his YouTube stats. The fact that he doesn't get the radio play he should obtain yet still brings in sold out shows just from the brand he develops is incredible.


Below, I have a few videos posted but the one I really want you to pay attention to is the one of Ryan at the age of 15. You could already see the work ethic he possesses. That is inspiring. I'll also have a few of his recent and most inspiring interviews posted below:

No comments:

Post a Comment